This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The weather is getting colder, the days are shorter, and the will to keep pushing for good grades seems to be harder and harder! Here are 5 tips on how you can stay motivated after the dreaded midterms:

1.Take mental health days. It’s necessary to take a step back from all the hard work you’re putting into your studies. Sometimes, you need a day just to relax, refresh, and restart! Treat yourself at the nail salon, hang out with your girls, or have a quick jam sesh by yourself. Find ways to take time for yourself and hit the reset button so that way you can power through all the stresses of school!

2.Exercise! Exercising is such a great way to keep you motivated. Not only does it have great health benefits, but it also makes you release endorphins and make you feel more motivated to tackle the day! Going to the gym or jogging to the beach is a great way to start your day and set yourself up for productivity.

3.Coffee, Coffee, Coffee! As classes continue to pile up with work and you find yourself spending more and more late nights at the library, don’t forget about the essential beverage designed to keep us going… COFFEE! With the colder seasons come more flavors and styles to have your coffee, so pick your flavor and drink up! Coffee will give you that extra boost and energy you need to complete your assignments.

4.Plan Your Day. When you set yourself up for the day by having a written plan, you’ll be more motivated to check off the things you wrote down and want to stay on top of your day. It’ll keep you organized and ensure that you don’t miss any meetings or assignments during the stress of midterms and finals season!

5.Christmas is only a month and a half away! Christmas tunes, hot chocolate, presents, and Christmas lights are in your near future. If that isn’t enough motivation to push you through the rest of this semester, I don’t know what else is! Take time to listen to your favorite Christmas songs, take Amazon breaks to figure out what you’re going to ask Santa for Christmas, and get excited for the best time of the year!

The fall semester is halfway done, ladies. Keep working hard and pushing on like the fierce girls we all are. Good luck on all of your midterms and assignments, and remember to take time to debrief and reset so that you can come back stronger and ready for class!

HCXO, Collegiettes!

Casey Chu

Fairfield '21

Hi, my name is Casey Chu! I am a Junior Nursing major at Fairfield University. I am a writer for this club, and look forward to reading all the content this year!
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.