This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Every time I step outside I can feel the crispness in the air and I know that fall is in full swing. Getting dressed in the Fall is my favorite season to pick out outfits for. I am more than just enjoying wearing my sweaters and sweatshirts outside of the house. Now, we cannot forget about the shoes; they are most definitely an underrated part of your wardrobe. Shoes can honestly make or break an outfit. Sometimes it’s difficult to decide what pair of shoes you should wear with jeans or sweatpants. No more flip flops or sandals, it’s time for boots and sneakers. I have broken down 5 different types of shoes you need for your outfits this Fall season.

Cowboy Boots

No, you do not need to live in the south or go to school in the south to own a pair of cowboy boots. Let’s stop pretending that they are not the cutest pair of shoes. We need something different than our old white sneakers we go to every time. These will keep you warm on a chilly day but will really add to your outfit. They are also perfect for game days, darties, or pumpkin/apple picking on a farm. I have seen so many outfits centered around maroon cowboy boots and I am in love.

Ballet Flats

This trend is all over my social media and I am loving it. As a former ballerina, it is crazy to me that people are wearing ballet shoes out in public, on the streets. So many brands have created the cutest ballet flats to elevate any outfit. These are perfect for a date night or for any upcoming interview (as internship and job application season is approaching). If you want to feel classy and cute, buy a pair of these.

Adidas Gazelles 

Lately I’ve been seeing these on everyone’s Amazon store fronts. They come in the cutest colors that are so fun and a perfect addition to spice up an outfit. They are unique and not like your average sneaker. The green and red colors are my personal favorites (perfect for christmas time)! These would go perfect with a pair of blue jeans and a tank top. Or use the sandwiching effect and wear a green top with the green Gazelles :)

“Running” Sneakers

Let’s be honest, I know you won’t actually be running in these sneakers. They may be made for running but they are the perfect casual sneaker to wear with an athleisure outfit. Here at Fairfield, athleisure is basically the school dress code. These New Balances below have been on my wishlist for a while now. Hokas and New Balances are amazing quality shoes that have been trending for a bit now.

Kitten Heels

When you are in the mood to put on a heel and dress up for a night out, reach for your kitten heels. Why wear super high heels that you will regret wearing the minute you step outside of your house? It is now socially acceptable, thank god, to wear short heels instead of tall. Kitten heels are trending, and this is great news for the tall girlies. And at least your toes will be able to keep warm. Here are a couple that will definitely be the star of the show.

Now you have a shoe for every occasion that may come your way this Fall season!

Xoxo,

Dorina Grossano

Dorina Grossano is a member of HCFU and the Creative Director of the Marketing team. She creates advertisements for different events that HCFU has to help increase engagement and spread the word. She leads the marketing team in creating advertisements for upcoming meetings and events as well as assisting in event coordination. She is also the editor for the Fashion section. This past summer, Dorina was a fashion intern at PURPLE NYC. She works with the fashion clients at Purple doing Public Relations. The internship includes sending clothing out to celebrity stylists and editors of magazines, clipping articles and sending out pitches. In her free time, Dorina loves to listen to music and go out to dinner with friends. She is also always up to date with the trends and constantly on social media. She loves to use TikTok and IG!