Top Student Healthy Kitchen Gadgets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Being a student is hard. Most of us do not have the money, time or resources to make gourmet nutritious masterpieces every night. So we investigated what gadgets a healthy student really does need to get as healthy as possible at Uni. Deliciously Ella move over!

A blender:

The best is probably a nutribullet but these are not affordable for many students. However we think a blender is one of the best pieces of equipment so worth putting on your birthday list! Use it to blend vegetables to make quick soups, blend frozen bananas and greens to make nutritious energy-boosting green smoothies! Use to blend sauces and milkshakes and everything in between! Just try and buy one that’s not too loud so that you don’t wake up all your house in the morning whilst making some banana icecream!

A slow cooker:

These again can be pricy but many second hand stores or websites such as eBay sell them. We recommend the Instantpot as it doubles as a rice cooker, steamer, boiler, soup maker, yogurt maker and a million other things! It is quick, efficient (quinoa cooked in 1 minute anyone!) and seems to make everything perfectly! Just chuck in some legumes and veg in the morning and come back to a warm well-cooked dinner after all of those long lectures!

A good grater:

Use to make courgettie, carrot grated salads or just grate up vegetables to put on pizzas and bits and bobs.

A good sized microwavable bowl:

The microwave is a student’s best friend and because of that we tend to use it for everything. We microwave popcorn, porridge, soup, cook peas and vegetables. Sometimes here at HCX if we don’t want to wait for the oven to turn on, we cook some sweet potatoes in the microwave! So invest in a good bowl so that you can become the lazy student chef that you are supposed to be!

A student does not need to live off dominos and baked beans. With these few simple kitchen gadgets you can knock the socks off all of your housemates and impress you parents with a culinary masterpiece when they come and visit!

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!
Third year History student Co-President of HerCampus Exeter