Seven Beautiful Beaches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Seven Beautiful Beaches

It’s getting to that time where we feel like we could do with a little break from relentless studies, but term stretches seemingly endlessly through the rest of March.

If you’re feeling in need of a pick-me-up, or just want to look at a few beautiful pictures to remind yourself there’s more out there than Forum Hill and the walls of the library, HCX have put together a list of some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Ranging from exclusive to affordable and accessible locations, there’s a beach in here for everyone!

1. Mombasa, Kenya.

Kenya’s second biggest city after Nairobi, Mombasa is located on the Indian Ocean and is well known for its beauty and historic significance as an old trading port for the country.

2. Navagio, Greece.

Otherwise known as Shipwreck Beach, this is a breathtaking cove surrounded by huge vertical white cliffs.

3. Gili Air, Indonesia.

One of three small islands clustered closely together in Indonesia, Gili Air’s fantastic coastline circles the island uninterrupted, meaning you can walk the sandy perimeter of the island on foot in under four hours.

4. Maya Bay, Thailand.

Located on Phi Phi Island in Thailand, this bay was made famous as it was the primary shooting location for the 2000 movie The Beach starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Though you might not have heard its name you’re probably familiar with the following picture; its the typical (and very effective) Thailand tourism advertisement.

5. Anse Lazio, The Seychelles.

The Seychelles cannot be omitted in a list of some of the world’s most impressive beaches. Situated on Praslin Island, the second biggest island of The Seychelles, Lonely Planet deems this beach the best in the archipelago.

6. Benagil Sea Cave, Portugal.

The unique Benagil Sea Cave is located in the southeast of Algarve, Portugal’s most popular tourist destination. It is known as the ‘Secret Cave’ and has a beach located inside of it.

7. Playa Cala Saluda, Spain

A teensy bit closer to home, this is a cove on the Spanish island of Ibiza. The cove is surrounded by Pine forests and cliff jumping is popular pastime here.

If all of this reading about beaches has you craving a sandy break – there’s always Exmouth!

(Although it does look a little chillier)