This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The Paddon Award is a cross-arts competition, open to all current students, staff members and alumni of the University of Exeter. It is a great opportunity for anyone who had an artistic side, and anyone who is willing to put themselves out there!

This incredibly exciting and creative award is funded through the generosity of Exeter alumnus and supporters Ann and John Paddon, with three cash prizes to be won – first place being worth £250!

Categories for entry include film, creative writing, music and visual arts. Entrants must submit a piece of work that most represents this year’s theme, ‘Seasons Across Campus’. After a process of shortlisting, the lucky finalists will be invited to an event at the end of March, and the winners of the award will be revealed.

If you are interested in art – whatever form it may be – then get thinking ASAP! The deadline for entries is 5pm, Friday 9th of March. Originality, boldness and creativity are all celebrated by this incredible opportunity for the artistic and creative students and staff members.

For more information about the award and how to enter the competition, visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/paddonaward2018

Good luck! We can’t wait to see the incredible talent that will flourish from this award!