Meet the HCX Committee 2013-2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Are you wondering just who is running HCX this year? Or do you just want to find out exactly what sections we have on offer? Check out the amazing HCX committee and find out a little bit more about us right here!

President/Editor in Chief

Name: Lauren Hudson

Year: 3rd year (eek!)

Degree: Law (LLB European)/Maitrise

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I’m determined to make this HCX’s best year yet! I can’t wait to get started on exciting brand partnerships and new content features. My goal is to make HCX the biggest chapter worldwide this year.

Check out Lauren’s letter to all our readers letting you know about some exciting developments in HCX this year here!

Vice Presidents

Name: Georgia Carnegie

Year: 3rd

Degree: Law (LLB European)/Maitrise

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I am most looking forward to meeting all the girls that will be new to Her Campus this year, as well as getting to know better the ones that are already part of the team! We are going to have lots of fun socials, beat all our article and content records, and smash the Her Campus world once again! 

Name: Florence Christie

Year: 3rd 

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year?  I am very excited about making new friends with this year’s committee and team whilst working to create some procrastination-worthy content for the readers!

Marketing Director

Name: Chiara Thomas

Degree: BA English and French

Year: 4th

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? As Marketing Director, I am hugely excited about all the great brand partnerships we’ve acquired this year and how much we’re going to be able to give back to our members for all their hard work by spoiling them to fantastic prizes and promotions. Not only is HCX fun, fresh and friendly, but the fact that it is created by girls exclusively for girls makes it, in my opinion, one of the university’s most exciting societies. It’s going to be a great year!

Marketing Deputy for Brands

Name: Beth Harrington

Year: 3rd 

Degree: Law LLB

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Meeting the new team! Hopefully this year will be even more successful than the last with lots of new and exciting brand partnerships.

Marketing Deputy for Social Media

Name: Kate Squire

Year: 2nd 

Degree: Business and Management (with European Study)

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Meeting and working with lots of new people. As well as seeing HC Exeter grow within the uni and on a national/international scale (via work of our marketing team.) I am very excited to be involved in something outside of my studies which isn’t only sport!

Marketing Deputy for Events

Name: Laura Greenfield

Year: 2nd 

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I’m really excited as HCX’s Events Director, as there are some amazing events in store for this year. Thanks to our partnerships, there will be the opportunity to win lots of goodies at these events too! HCX will be popping up in Exeter, on campus and even on nights out – with exciting, quirky events that everyone can get involved in. I’m also underway with planning a girls trip away exclusively for HCX members, which is bound to be a big highlight of the year.

[pagebreak]Local Culture Editor

Name: Laura Brassett

Year: 3rd 

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Gaining more editorial experience, meeting some lovely new people and using my position as Local Culture Editor as an excuse to explore everything going on in and around Exeter – the ultimate form of dissertation procrastination. 

General Culture Editor

Name: Katie Holloway

Year: 4th 

Degree: English Literature and Spanish

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? After spending my third year abroad in Spain, I am really looking forward to getting stuck back in to HCX: writing and researching great articles, meeting all the new faces and generally being creative!

Culture Deputy Editor

Name: Tess Shennan

Year: 3rd

Degree: English

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Most looking forward to working with all the team members. It is such a lovely group of people and everyone has great ideas, I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with! 

Sex and Relationships Editors

Name: Emma Brisdion 

Year: 3rd

Degree: Biological Sciences

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I can’t wait to get really involved with the wonderful team, and expand the section with loads of fun new features as HCX grows and gets ready for another fantastic year!

Name: Siobhan Hartigan

Year: 3rd

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? The chance to delve into the mind of the opposite sex through the introduction of our new ‘HC Exeter Guy’!

Health and Fitness Editor

Name: Sorrel Cookson 

Year: 3rd 

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Sharing my love of health and fitness with our university and getting involved in the Her Campus community.

Health and Fitness Deputy Editor

Name: Charlotte Warner

Year: 2nd

Degree: Psychology 

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I am most looking forward to making new friends and working as a team. I’ve always had a real interest in keeping fit and healthy so I’m really looking forward to sharing my ideas and interests with everyone. I think it’s going to be a fantastic and fun year!

[pagebreak]Career/Study Abroad Blog Editor

Name: Laura Copeman

Year: 3rd

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year?  I’m very excited to start up the new careers section and am very much looking forward to all of HCX social events which, if last year is anything to go by, always provide a great time!

Travel Editor

Name: Montana Gerry

Year:4th

Degree: English Literature and French

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year?  I can’t wait to start up the new section and see what exciting travel stories Exeter girls have in store for us!

Travel Deputy Editors

Name: Carrie Ashton

Year: 3rd

Degree: Georgaphy BA

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Starting something new with a different group of people and being actively involved in the launch and establishment of the Travel section.

Name: Connie Wheatley

Year: 3rd

Degree: Geography BA

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Getting to know a great new group of girls and being able to write about my favourite thing: travel!

Current Affairs Editor

Name: Caitlin Edwards

Year: 3rd

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I’m most looking forward to meeting the new HCX team this year, getting to know everyone on some fantastic socials and getting our articles into the “Most Viewed” list every week!

Current Affairs Deputy Editor

Name: Alexandra Reed

Year: 2nd

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? HCX’s coverage of Exeter’s local news; I love reading about new places and things to do outside of uni life.

[pagebreak]Fashion and Beauty Editor

Name: Lily Houghton

Year: 3rd

Degree: English Literature

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Meeting lots of new people, and being part of an amazing team of young women!

Fashion and Beauty Deputy Editors

Name: Maxine Vinning

Year: 3rd Year

Degree: 2nd

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? I am most looking forward to sharing my love of all things fashion and beauty with likeminded HCX readers!

Name: Liv Wilkerson

Year: 3rd

Degree: Business Economics

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Most looking forward to meeting the brand new HCX freshers and scouting some excellent campus style icons! 

Social Secs

Name: Sophie Davies

Year: 3rd

Degree: History and Politics

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Her Campus has become a big part of my University life acting not only for its amazing sociability but also for the hugely influential part that it has to play in applying for internships and work experience.

Name: Kate Bannatyne

Year: 3rd

Degree: Physics

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year?  This year I am most looking forward to making HCX not only a means of showcasing some excellent journalism but making it a close team of friends, bringing everyone together with fun socials!

Photography Director

Name: Fran Clausen

Year: 2nd

Degree: History and Economics

What are you most looking forward to in HCX this year? Events/socials, new brand collaborations and seeing our marketing pay off by beating our record amount of page views!

Do you want to get in touch with us? We’d love to hear from you! Email laurenhudson@hercampus.com for more info, to ask any questions or even just to learn more about Her Campus Exeter. 

Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.