A Letter from The President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Dear Lovely HCX Readers,

Welcome back to Her Campus Exeter, and to another wonderful and exciting year of articles, competitions and events. We can’t wait to get started on all the new content features and brand partnerships that we’ve been working on this summer!

So what’s new this year? So much, so so much is new. I’m not going to spill all my secrets just yet, but I will give you a sneak preview of what’s coming your way this year!

We’re continuing to produce our fabulous articles but we have a couple of new sections: Travel, Career and The Study Abroad Blog! These incredible new sections have already got some exciting ideas for you; so whether you’re looking for a term time job, stressing about your year abroad or you’re planning your next holiday, HCX is your one stop shop for everything you could need. We really are the Exeter Girl’s Guide to Life.

We have some great features coming up this year, but I’m afraid I’m going to keep these a secret for a little longer. You’ll find out soon as we have a great feature launching mid-term… I’ve already said too much, oops!

I’m also very excited to announce the launch of the HCX Guy section of Her Campus Exeter. We now have our very own male mind to pick, and to help us understand what really goes on in a man’s mind. He has his first article coming out this week so be sure you don’t miss that!

Ever wondered what life is like on the other side of the pond? Well we might be able to help out there… We have an exciting new project from HC Nationals – we have a Sister Chapter! Her Campus Chatham is our new Sister Chapter, and we can’t wait to hear what life is like on their campus and what it’s like to be an American college student. Watch out for their introductory article this week – this is so exciting for us and we can’t wait to share all the new developments in this project with you!

So why join up with HCX this year? Apart from the fact that it’s fantastic journalism and marketing experience, we are a great society to be a member of.  We’ve got some amazing socials lined up for our members (look out for our FIRST social in Fresher’s Week – details are coming very soon!), our meetings are so casual and very fun. I mean what other society encourages you to have a cocktail or a glass of wine whilst sorting out work that improves your CV immensely? Exactly. And as if the fun girls and the experience isn’t good enough, our marketing girls have put together an amazing goody bag of discounts, freebies and essentials for every Exeter girl.

This isn’t something you want to miss out on girls! To join up come and see us at the Fresher’s Fair on Sunday 22nd! We’ll be on campus all of Fresher’s Week in our lovely new stash (which you can order at the Fresher’s Fair!) so just come and chat to us and we’ll be able to tell you anything you want to know about HCX – and a lot about Exeter and the university as well for you Freshers. And if you need your nails done and want to know a little more about HCX then we might be able to sort that for you too… Keep an eye on our Facebook page and our exciting new newsletter which you can sign up for here for more details about our Freshers Week plans and see our content!

Want to know more about us personally? Meet your new HCX Committee here!

I can’t wait to meet the new team next week!

Lots of HC Love,

Lauren

President/Editor in Chief of Her Campus Exeter

Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.