danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Interview With Luke Scrase – Ex Big Brother Housemate and Fitness Trainer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

For those of you that had your eyes glued to the screen watching Big Brother last summer, get excited. For those of you that didn’t, you’re still in for a treat. Here at HCX, we’ve been lucky enough to interview heartthrob and ex-Big Brother housemate Luke Scrase from Big Brother Season 13. Luke is a personal trainer and by the looks of things (see image below), he knows what he’s talking about. So here at HCX, we’ve asked Luke a little about his lifestyle in fitness and chatted about ‘power foods’, being a personal trainer and working up a sweat… Don’t faint, ladies.

1. What was it that got you into fitness and personal training?

I guess it’s a classic of hobby turned profession. It’s something I enjoy and something I’m passionate about. My friends and family always used to ask me for tips so I decided to pursue it in greater depth.

2. With a body like that, you obviously take care of yourself. What would a typical day’s meal plan look like to you?

At the moment I’m dieting, so my meals are small but frequent. A lot of lean meats, leafy vegetables, green vegetables, eggs and little low GI foods. 

Great ‘power foods’ to consider are:

-Almonds

-Kale

-Broccoli

-Pastrami 

3. What’s your favourite sport/training routine?

I love to mix it up, to keep the body guessing otherwise it’ll know your workout before you do. I love PHA (peripheral heart action) circuits – it’s fun and can be done in groups or with friends. Plus its quick! It combines a 3-5 minute cardio exercise followed by an upper body push, lower body exercises and an upper body pull. Try it – you’ll get trim and toned in no time!

4. What’s more important in a healthy lifestyle: nutrition or exercise?

Nutrition is definitely 70% of your lifestyle. It’s difficult to keep up with social and working aspects of life: however if you can master a good healthy balanced meal plan, you’re more than half way there. 

5. Favourite healthy snack?

Beef jerky definitely. Otherwise I’d go for some liquorice 

[pagebreak]

6. You were in the Big Brother house over the summer and so obviously your fitness regime would have been interrupted. How did you make sure you didn’t get out of shape in the house?

Believe me I thought I did get out of shape! It’s difficult. Food is low, you’re tired and you’re extremely bored! You have to improvise and try your best to maintain a good level of physical exercise when it’s very hard to do so. We often used household items, garden equipment or even each other but Big Brother always used to cut us down and say its health and safety so we needed to stop!

7. What did you miss most in the BB house?

Definitely my phone! 

8. Tell us about iSupp, the brand you’re an ambassador for.

iSupp was formulated and launched in 2012. Their aim is to be one of the top worldwide sports nutrition suppliers. They’re a brand based on the idea that education, dedication and desire will create peak performance and physical condition. They believe knowledge is power. Bringing a new edge to the market, iSupp is not only a science-backed brand but they also believe that the user should understand diet, training and nutritional supplementation. iSupp has a fantastic range of great tasting products which are tested as safe for use, virtually lactose free and contain minimal fillers – a rarity in the supplement market.

Success is possible for everyone, provided a work ethic is evident. iSupp are helping both the gym-goer and the world-class athlete to achieve their goals and realise their full potential. Follow them on Twitter – @iSupp for the boys and @SkinniMinni_ for the girls.

9. Sounds good! What do you like about being a personal trainer?

Seeing the change in people: exercise and working out can definitely change a person’s confidence and overall that has a massive effect on their life. 

10. And dislike?

The early starts and late finishes. But if you manage your clients well you can save yourself an extra hours sleep.

11. Finally, any tips for those girls looking to get into bikini body shape?

I would recommend the PHA circuits workout I previously mentioned. Otherwise, follow me on twitter – @ItsLukeS – and I always throw little pointers out there.

Picture Credits:

Luke Himself

www.imediamonkey.com