HCX Travel Easter City Break – Madrid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The Easter holidays are almost upon us and if you’re not one of the lucky few to have bagged yourself a place on the ski trip you might be looking at the next 4 weeks as a hectic minefield of fitting in revision, socialising with friends at home and having some quality family time too. Time is limited, and cabin fever may hit you big time, cooped up in your room with only ELE for company. Fear not – HCX gives you the perfect city break idea – sunny Spain’s capital, Madrid.

Apart from being an excellent shopping destination, including being world renowned for having some of the worlds finest shoe shops, Madrid has the amazing Jardín Botanico, a beautiful botanical garden with 200 year old trees. You can even take a trip over it in a 2.5km long cable car to see it in all its glory. Conveniently, it’s just round the corner from the Prado museum which naturally boasts an impressive Picasso collection and very close to the historic Royal Palace.

What you’re ideally looking for in a place to stay in a city such as Madrid is a handy location, comfortable rooms and a fair price. The Hotel Atlantico is a five minute walk from all the above mentioned sights, perfect for coming back to after a late night of sangria fuelled entertainment. The roof top terrace gives you beautiful views over the city and the whole hotel has a renaissance theme running throughout. It’s truly a treat, just as much as Madrid is itself. 

Photocredits: www.hotelatlantico.es, www.Telegraph.co.uk, www.spain.info

Madeleine is a third year English with French student, the Travel section's Deputy Editor 2014/15 and has been a member of HCX for three years. Apart from dreaming about her next travel destination, Madeleine enjoys discovering new music and trying to fit as much velvet and glitter into her outfits.