HCX Campus Cutie: Josh Benfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Name: Josh Benfield

Year: 4

Subject: French

This week, HCX caught up with Josh, a 4th year French student just back from a year in the city of love. Ready to impress with his suave French phrases and renditions of Lady Marmalade, he’s here to tell us what he gets up to when he’s not staying up all night in a Parisian bar…

Describe yourself in three words:

Enthusiastic, optimistic, focused.

So you’ve just spent a year in Paris, was it as romantic as everyone makes out?

I got kissed at the top of the Eiffel tower twice by two different dates, I had a great time!

What more could you want?! Any good chat up lines HCX can use to secure ourselves some Eiffel Tower dates?

Are you from Paris? Because Notre Daaaame.

How would you describe your perfect date?

My perfect date would be taking someone to the aquarium, because it’s something I really enjoy doing, (Finding Nemo is still one of my favourite movies), so hopefully my date would enjoy it too.

And who would be joining you on this date?

I’m a big Chris Pratt fan, he’s Star-Lord, can handle three raptors, and he’s funny.

Now you’re back from France, what do you like doing in your free time?

I’m a big cinema fan, love a surf weekend, and I’ve started boxing this year. So if you’d like to see a nice sweaty, au-naturel version of me then head down to the gym.

What’s your favourite film?

That’s a tough one, I’d have to say Finding Nemo. It’s my absolute favourite. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist when I was 5, so it’s the closest I’m ever going to get to that. And I’m all about ‘touching the butt’.

Cheeky. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In Paris, with a Vespa, and a wardrobe full of Saint Laurent suits.

Quick-fire questions

Blonde or brunette? Brunette

Cats or dogs? Dogs

Rugby or football? Rugby

Night out or night in? Night in (Netflix and Chill, or ‘Amazon Prime and Quality time’)

TP or Unit 1? Arena (if I’m on a podium)

Pop or House? Being edgy, House. Being completely honest, Pop.

Thea

Exeter

Thea Bichard4th Year History & French student, just back from a year in France.