This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all love Strictly Come Dancing and now we can all pretend that we are professional dancers and enjoy watching campus ‘Celebrities’ compete to win Exeter’s very own Strictly!

Here at Her Campus we love watching sporting competitions at Uni. They insire us and make us feel fitter just by watching! That is why we are so excited to watch some of our favourite AU Societies being under the spotlight. We shall enjoy watching the celebrities who have never been dancers performing with their ‘professional’ partner all to rasie money for chairty- and also to win an immense amount of glory of course. This fantastic show is being put on by the Universities DanceSport society- who hold lessons and compete in Ballroom, Latin and Salsa dance. They shall be providing the advanced level ‘professionals’ (expect some serious dancing skills!) who have been training hard for weeks with some familiar AU faces, from sports including badminton, karate, American football and swimming who will be performing for your votes on the night.  Its a brutal competition and may well inspire many of us to take up dancing! Dancing is such great exercise and whilst all of the AU celebrities are very fit in their own individual sports- it shall be very interesting to see how they take on the challenge…

It’s not just going to be interesting to see Karate and Football pros learn to dance – this event is also going to be raising money for the fantastic local charity Balloons. Plus there will be a raffle and bake sale on the night as well. We are so there.

To watch some serious compeition and to vote, go and join them on Monday 6th March at 7pm for one hell of a party. More information will be released coming up to the event- https://www.facebook.com/events/162139747621005/. Tickets can be brought from the Guild website here or in the Forum from 11am to 3pm Monday 27th Feb to Friday 3rd March.

So lets get inspired, and seriously entertained, by people learning to dance for charity!

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!