freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Christian Grey is Confirmed!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

After months and months of rumours and speculation, the wait is finally over. Jamie Dornan has been named as the actor who will portray Christian Grey in the much anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey film and aren’t we a lucky bunch!

With a pretty impressive acting resume (try BBC’s The Fall, ABC’s Once Upon A Time and starring alongside Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette) and a sexy bod to boot (yes, he’s also a Calvin Klein model…) we are more excited than ever for the movie event of 2014. Any man that was good enough for Keira Knightley

Before this, the role of the infamous Mr Grey was originally given to Charlie Hunnman, the Sons of Anarchy star who, due to a busy schedule and family commitments, was forced to drop out earlier this month.

Since his exit from the movie, rumours have been flying around online as to who will replace the Newcastle-born actor as the notorious Christian Grey. From True Blood’s Alexander Skarsgard to Aussie actor Luke Bracey, nearly ever smouldering actor has apparently been in the running for the role.

The film, which is being directed by Sam Taylor-Wood, is set to start shooting early next month and to be released next summer. Hands up if you’re as excited as us!

Picture credits: malemodelscene.net, digitalspy.co.uk, telegraph.co.uk

Hello! I'm Jess, avid writer, full of grand travel plans and slightly addicted to chai. As well as writing for HerCampus (and singing loudly in the shower) I run my own blog at www.mismatchedknitwear.com where I talk about my day-to-day life, post lots of filtered photographs and talk about food a lot. Somehow this got me into the finals of the Cosmo Blog Awards 2013. I don't know either... 
Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.