This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

You’re half way through your first term at university. You’ve enjoyed a raving Fresher’s Week, have settled into classes, and started a regular exercise routine (or tried to anyway!) Between a budding social life, demanding lectures, and intense gym sessions, the last thing you have time for is cooking an elaborate, super-healthy meal.

But healthy does not have to be expensive and time-consuming. Don’t worry HCX girls, we have got you covered! Here are the top 5 ways to get your greens in: easy, cheap, and delicious

1. Green Smoothie

One of the latest trends is enjoying a big, tasty smoothie for breakfast. Smoothies are versatile, easy, and incredibly nutritious. To pack in the nutrients from the moment you wake up, try blending a handful of spinach or kale with your fruits. Trust us, you won’t even taste the difference!

2. Zoats

Do you enjoy your trusted bowl of porridge in the morning? Why not turn your porridge green by adding in some vegetables? Yes, you read that correctly: grated courgette in your porridge! Also known as ‘zoats’ (zucchini oats), this nutritious breakfast is actually delicious, and by topping it with fruit and a big tablespoon of nut butter, you won’t even notice they are there. 

3. Courgetti

You have probably heard about courgetti. It is typically served instead of spaghetti or noodles for lunch or dinner. However, we suggest adding them in with your pasta (carbs = energy!). so you can pack in the nutrients with this cheap and versatile vegetable. You don’t even need a spiralizer – just use a vegetable peeler or knife to cut thin strips.

4. Spirulina Protein Balls

Snacking is totally justified when you are having spirulina protein balls. This superfood is incredibly high in protein (65-71%) and is an excellent source of vital amino acids and minerals. Just 2 tablespoons of spirulina is the equivalent of the amount of protein recommended per meal. This green snack will satisfy your mid-afternoon craving and make sure you keep getting your greens in throughout the whole day. 

5. Avocado Chocolate Mousse

There is nothing like a yummy dessert to end the day on a high note. Whilst opting for a store-bought processed dessert may seem easier, why not make your own? Instead of using eggs, sugar, cream, and chocolate, opt for banana, avocado, almond butter, dates, and cacao power. It is just as delicious, and a lot more nutritious!

By using these tips to camouflage your vegetables and get your greens in, there is no need to feel guilty about missing your 7am gym session! 

Nicole is a final year International Relations student at the University of Exeter. When she isn't debating the world's latest humanitarian crisis, Nicole loves being active and travelling the world. She is an avid runner with multiple half marathons under her belt and enjoys skiing in the mountains of her home country, Switzerland. With over 30 countries ticked off, she hopes to continue discovering and exploring many more places around the world. Her favourite so far: Nepal! Furthermore, Nicole enjoys spending time in the kitchen, cooking and baking healthy meals and snacks. She even has her own Instagram handle (@theepicuriouskitchen) with a few thousand followers! Nicole can't wait to share all her health and fitness tips with you all.