This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

The last week of February, the tail end of winter, the relentless winds (up to 70mph might I just add) and the pouring rain is what to be expected of the delightful British weather at this time of year. However, on one glorious Sunday, I was tempted to leave the hovel of my room and to relish in the beautiful Cornish sunshine that had filtered through my window.

Where in Cornwall is the best place to enjoy this sunshine, one may ask? Well for me it must be the beach. Spring is clearly upon us, and I could not be more excited, as this was the type of weather I was very much expecting to see when I moved here. Admittedly I was a little naive. I thought I’d share my hype for the spring/summer term with these charming pictures of our beautiful Cornish shores.

Despite the meagre attempt to be a professional photographer and the use of the swanky panoramic mode on my phone, this photo really does capture the beautiful vastness of the stunning beaches of Cornwall, this one being Gylly beach. Even the rocky ruggedness of the coast appears to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Next we have myself, pretending to be a model in the background…let’s just ignore that. Anyway, the vibrant shades of blue in this picture are utterly mesmerizing, and if it were not for my hair being a dead giveaway to the high winds that were prevalent that day, this could have possibly been taken at a different beach, slightly more Southern perhaps, where the sun shines endlessly.

Speaking of that splendid source of vitamin D, here we have the rock pools glistening with the reflections of the sun, with the lush and green landscape lying in the distance.

Tropicana paradise or Cornwall? I’ll leave you to decide…

And finally, after a little trek, we arrived at the quaint little gem of Swanpool, where the large waves had drawn in a fairly large number of surfers. Unlike the busyness of Gylly, there is certainly a more tranquil and chill atmosphere here, perfect for those days where you may just want to relax. 

From starting at the university in September, it had surprisingly taken me this long to scope out Swanpool beach (for some reason unknown). With that being said, and the onset of spring I am most definitely looking to explore as much as Cornwall as possible after this little venture. 

Teri White

Exeter Cornwall