This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Whether through Netflix or the BBC, whilst you’ve  got a bit more time on your hands (and a free TV license thanks to your ‘rents) why not give these shows a try?

1. Pretty Little Liars (Netflix): A best friend gets murdered and this series attempts to find out who done it. There’s a mysterious character named ‘A’ who stalks the main friendship group, sending each of them texts, all of the time! Watch if you like those tense moments.

2. Breaking Bad (Netflix): A chemistry teacher gets cancer and needs to find a new way of making dosh. So naturally he becomes a drug lord. Warning: it is addictive (the programme, I’m not suggesting you do meth). 

3. The OC (online or DVD): Cue scenes of the sun, sea and surf in California. Throw in complicated relationships, good looking actors and there we have it – the easiest thing to watch since Tots Tv.

4. The Great British Bake Off (BBC iPlayer): Whilst you’re at home for Easter and running low on money, why not get a few hints from Mary Berry and make your friends some Easter goodies. Or, if you’re anything like me, get your mum to buy the ingredients pretending it’s all for presents, but make yourself a few batches of Easter biscuits and/or cream egg brownies for when you’re watching Bake Off. It’s all cyclical you see.

5. Orange is the New Black (Netflix): If you liked Prison Break then it’s likely you’ll like this. It’s mainly about bitch fights and girl problems, just set in a framework of iron bars. What more could you want? Make sure you try and watch it before Season 3 comes out in June!

Emily Poole

Exeter Cornwall

History undergrad at the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campus. Love music, writing and trying to be funny in my spare time...
Hannah Harrison

Exeter Cornwall

Aspiring entertainment journalist who dreams of living and working in the USA. Currently studying English Literature at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus.