5 Disney Movies That Will Boost Your Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Everyone loves a good Disney movie, that is a fact. Sure, there’s one or two that sometimes don’t match up to our expectations of feel-good family fun, but overall they’re great to curl up with and reminisce about your childhood. In these stressful times with deadlines and too much work, it is important to take care of yourself. What better way to do that than to forget your worries and be happy for a little while by singing along to a Disney movie? Here are 5 Disney recommendations to reduce the fear of deadlines and become motivated once again!

5. Robin Hood

This movie would make anyone feel better. I often pick this movie for whenever I have a much-needed Disney fix, for the happy and peaceful message this movie spreads. The story of our favourite outlaw is already well known, and the bravery of the Sherwood people in the face of insurmountable odds is a great metaphor for the bravery you’ll show in facing your studies afterward. This film is also great for a quick pick-me-up, and there are a few good laughs in it too! Just remember, “Oo De Lally” will get you anywhere!

4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I recently had the pleasure of re-watching this movie, which then made me remember how wonderful it is. Disney’s first feature-length animated movie had a lot of expectations to live up to in 1937, and it certainly surpassed them. It is still known today as one of the best animated movies, and those dwarfs are guaranteed to make you smile and laugh. Snow White’s unflinching kindness in relation to the world around her is an important message we all need to assimilate. 

3. Cinderella

The 2015 live-action version has its fair share of fans, but you can never beat the original. This movie will make you laugh, cry, and wish for a Fairy Godmother of your own all at once. Cinderella’s determination in the face of her situation – and tolerance of her horrible step-family – is a lesson we could all take and apply to our own lives, even without the addition of a handsome prince, a pair of glass slippers and some crafty little mice. 

2. Hercules

The protagonist of this underrated movie may be a mythical demi-god, but he is willing to do everything to prove his worth to the world and, perhaps most importantly, to himself and the girl he loves. We should all strive to be like Hercules in our day-to-day lives and in our relationships with others, being both professional and romantic. “Zero to Hero” is important motto to live by, and you’ll find yourself so invested in Herc’s emotional journey that you’ll forget your stress and worries.

1.  Moana

The newest addition to the Disney Animated Canon, Moana is not afraid to go above and beyond for her people and her island. A true heroine of courage and perseverance, you will never go wrong with this girl as a role model for your study motivation. The comic relief is great if you just need a good laugh, and The Rock’s dulcet tones will simply vanish your cares away! Take a tip from this movie: we all have our own way of doing things, you just need to find yours. 

Molly Griffiths

Exeter Cornwall '18

I grew up in Paris but was born in Ireland to an Irish mother and a British father. I'm literally obsessed with movies and literature. I also love animals and discovering new things.