Valentine’s Day Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried a chocolate treat that I didn’t like! It’s just good on everything, whether it’s melted, shaved, or in whole chunks! But sometimes, I need a salty treat to balance out the sweetness, but why not combine the two? So here’s a simple yet super delicious chocolate drizzled popcorn recipe that is perfect for Valentine’s Day!

You can eat it at a Valentine’s Day get together with your single girls (like a Galentine’s Day party) or munch on it while watching a movie and cuddling with your significant other! Or maybe even put it in a pretty treat bag or box and place it in the paws of a cute teddy bear as a Valentine’s Day gift!

Yields: 7 cups

Ingredients

6 cups plain popped popcorn (no butter) 2/3 cup Valentine M&M’s 3/4 cup marshmallows (Kraft’s pink heart-shaped marshmallows work great) 1/4 cup Wilton pink chocolate melts White sugar pearls 1/4 cup Wilton red chocolate melts 1/4 cup Wilton bright white chocolate melts Heart-shaped sprinkles Hot pink sugar crystals Optional: Wilton bright pink chocolate drizzle pouch

Directions

1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Lay the popcorn on the baking sheet, in a single layer. Set aside.

2. Sprinkle the Valentine M&Ms on top of the popcorn.

3. Evenly distribute the heart-shaped marshmallows on top of the popcorn.

4. In a microwave safe bowl, add the pink chocolate melts. Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until melted and smooth.

5. Drizzle the melted pink chocolate all over the popcorn. Before the chocolate hardens, drizzle the white sugar pearls on top of the pink chocolate.

6. Add the red chocolate melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle the melted red chocolate all over the popcorn.

7. In a microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate melts. Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until melted and smooth.

8. Drizzle the melted white chocolate all over the popcorn. Before the chocolate hardens, drizzle the heart sprinkles on top of the white chocolate.

9. Lastly, use the hot pink sugar crystals to sprinkle on top of the popcorn. Optional- if you want more of a hot pink color, you can melt a small amount of the hot pink chocolate drizzle pouch and drizzle all over.

10. Place popcorn in the refrigerator and chill for approximately 20 minutes to allow the chocolates to harden.

11. Remove from refrigerator and break up into pieces. Then enjoy!

To keep your Valentine’s Day chocolate drizzled popcorn fresh, store it in an airtight container for up to 1 month.

Julia is an Integrated Marketing Intern at Her Campus.  She is also a senior at Endicott College in Beverly, MA where she studies Marketing and Dance.  In her free time Julia loves to play with her dog, watch Law and Order: SVU, and hang out at the beach, which just so happens to be her backyard while at school!
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.