changbok ko F8t2VGnI47I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
changbok ko F8t2VGnI47I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Academics

The Only Thing You Need To Do to Succeed in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Throughout my college career, I’ve learned, and been taught, a great number of skills that are supposed to help you pass all your classes. While some work, many of the tips and tricks that I’ve been provided with have failed. There is one tip, however, that since following, has never failed me. One of the only things you need to do to pass your classes is to go to class. 

Whether you pay attention, or stay actively engaged the entire time, is irrelevant. Going to class, just by itself, shows your teachers that you care enough about your education to be there. Furthermore, going to class allows you to form connections with the professors and typically, these connections make it easier to ask for help should you ever need it. 

Additionally, just being in class and hearing the professor teach makes it so much easier to learn and retain information. It can be hard to pay attention sometimes, but subconsciously, your brain is likely to retain some of the information that it is taking in. Personally, I’ve noticed that just going to class has made it much easier to study for exams and complete assignments. The information I need, at least in part, is already in my brain simply because I heard the professor talking about it. 

Lastly, attendance is a fairly large part of your grade, so even if you’re doing poorly on assignments, sometimes having good attendance can balance out the difference. Obviously, there are going to be days where you can’t make it but if you keep an open line of communication,  your professors will likely be more understanding. Having good attendance is the easiest thing you can do to get through college, so do your best to make it to class. 

Emily Crain

Endicott '24

English Secondary Education Major Gender Studies Minor