This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If you’ve written for advice or sought advice from a friend, you’re probably not actually looking for advice; you’re looking for validation. I write Endi Advice for EC Her Campus, but I’ve found myself in the position of needing advice myself more than once. It’s easy to give out good advice (or validation) while you’re living bad advice. If anyone took a sneak-peek at my life in the past year or so, they might question my ability to give advice. However, some of the best advice comes from people who have been to hell and back. Including yourself. I’ve noticed that most of the time, when I listen to others advice, I should have listened to my own. This is where I think of advice and validation as two separate entities. Don’t discredit your own advice, have others add on to it. You know what’s best for you but sometimes your own advice can be improved even further by others ideas. Use their input and validation to strengthen your opinion of a situation and how you should handle it. The point is, do not take my advice verbatim because I’m not you. You’re your own person and although my advice may be great input and the validation you need, remember that your opinion is the one that matters most. I’m here to push you in the right direction, and encourage you to take your own advice every once in awhile.

Passionate peer educator and self proclaimed sexpert. I enjoy talking dirty about the anatomy of the human body. More often than not, you'll find me binge watching Ted Talks. Happiest nanny to three wonderful kiddos. And I'll never forget that everyday is a a great day to be a gull.
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.