This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.
You, dear by eloise

This song is so well written and catchy. It’s so easy to get stuck in your head, but it’s absolutely worth it. Eloise has such a beautiful voice and I highly recommend giving her a listen if you haven’t already.

Favorite lyrics: You were everything I didn’t need//Just a book I was told I should read

the other side by moonchild

In my opinion, this is the most magical song to ever exist. Everything from the lyrics to the instrumentals is absolutely breathtaking. I could not recommend this song (and the artist) enough.

Favorite lyrics: The promises we carried here//Were buried over time//Let’s show them the light ’cause//The grass is always greener on the other side

Pines by men i trust

Within the first five seconds of this song, I already feel like melting. Something about the guitar makes me feel nostalgic for some reason and the storytelling in this song is excellent.

Favorite lyrics: Lost in the eye of men//you’re roaming your way

bloom by the paper kites

This song makes me emotional because of how poetic it is. There is not a better feeling in the world than watching the snow fall outside in the morning with this song playing in the background. So next time there’s a snowstorm or flurry, you know what to do.

Favorite lyrics: Can I take it to a morning//Where the fields are painted gold//And the trees are filled with memories//Of the feelings never told?

pancakes for dinner by lizzy mcalpine

I absolutely love Lizzy McAlpine. She is an extremely talented singer/songwriter and this song is the perfect example of that. There’s so much imagery in the lyrics, which adds to the beauty of the piece. It’s so simple, but perfectly captures the feeling of telling someone how you feel for the first time. I could genuinely write a whole essay about this song.

Favorite lyrics: Oh, ’cause to tell you is too scary//So I’ll just say something else//Like how was fall semester?//And what was that song about?

big black car by gregory alan isakov

This man poured his heart and soul into writing this song. I don’t think he realized that his soothing vocals over the delicate guitar created an absolute masterpiece. Everything he’s ever written is so captivating and mesmerizing. My roommate and I have laid on the floor and stared at the ceiling with this song playing in the background more times than we care to admit.

Favorite lyrics: Hope was a letter I never could send//Well love was a country we couldn’t defend

death with dignity by sufjan stevens

The lyrics in this song are so specific and detailed, that you can tell he wrote this about something very personal to him. And intense vulnerability in a piece of music has the power to transform the piece entirely. The piano interlude in the middle gives me goosebumps every time.

Favorite lyrics: Amethyst and flowers on the table, is it real or a fable?

run by taylor swift (ft. ed sheeran)

Both these artists’ voices go so well together. I am so glad that Taylor chose to release this song last November instead of back in 2012, because I don’t think I would’ve been able to appreciate how beautiful this song really is. This song is what it feels like to finally arrive at your hotel after a long day of traveling. I don’t really know why, but that’s just how it feels. And that’s the thing about music; it’s so powerful that it makes you feel things you can’t even make sense of.

Favorite lyrics: There’s a heart on your sleeve//I’ll take it when I leave//And hold it for you

real estate by adam melchor

Though the lyrics give off a little bit of a creepy stalker vibe, it perfectly encapsulates the feeling of wondering how you’ll manage to carry on without the person you thought would be in your life forever. And that even though they’re not with you anymore, you would still do anything for them. The guitar in this piece is mesmerizing; it draws you in within the first two seconds.

Favorite lyrics: Every time I wonder how I’d carry on without you//I’m running out of real estate

marcel by her’s

Her’s makes me feel like I’m transcending into another dimension. Their music is out of this world. The production quality of this song is top tier and gives me goosebumps every time. I don’t even know how to describe how beautiful this song is. You just need to listen. Like right now.

Favorite lyrics: I love you, but there’s still a taste//Don’t know if you’ll always be amazed

Music is such an incredible and powerful thing. There’s always so much to notice. After listening to all of these songs, I would definitely encourage you listening to a few songs you already like and try listening for things you never noticed before!

Happy listening!

-Amrita:)

Amrita Kumar

Endicott '25

Hi, I'm Amrita and I'm a Digital Journalism major at Endicott! As well as writing for Her Campus, I love music, art, journaling, watching Netflix, baking, and going on walks!