This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

As Thanksgiving approaches, it’s typical to begin to reflect on the things that we are grateful for in our lives. Maybe for you, this includes family, friends, or good health. For some, it may be mom jeans or pumpkin spice lattes. For others, it could be freedom of choice or being able to read. No matter what it is that you are thankful for, why limit yourself one day, or even one week, to show your gratitude? Gratitude should be expressed everyday because it helps one celebrate the present, spread positivity, and improve self-esteem. In light of the importance of gratitude, I have decided to create a list of three easy ways to practice daily gratitude.

START A GRATITUDE JOURNAL

Expressive writing is a great way to bring awareness to the positive things in your life. Try ending each day by writing one to five things that you were grateful for in that day. This can be done in a physical journal or even using an app such as Gratitude or 365 Gratitude Journal. I have a feeling that once you get into a consistent journaling schedule, you will begin to feel more satisfied with your self and will develop a newfound strength to persevere through the hard times.

PRACTICE MINDFULNESS MEDITATION

Mindfulness involves being fully aware of the present moment and examining your reality from an objective place. Taking just five to ten minutes to visualize the things you are thankful for while sitting in a quiet space can help you clear your mind and become more aware of the good in life. The Mindfulness App is one great app that provides mindfulness options for every mood and time of day. I would strongly suggest sticking to a regular practice schedule if you choose to pursue this practice.

PERFORM RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

This is a great way to express gratitude to those that you are thankful for in your life. Writing a letter to a loved one, tipping your server over 20%, and giving a kind compliment on a friend’s Instagram post are all easy ways to make someone’s day. Oftentimes, these actions are more appreciated than you may even realize. Small acts of kindness like these are contagious and can make the world a happier place.

I hope that you join me in this journey to practice gratitude each and every day <3. Let us give thanks!

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!