Career > Work

Lets Battle That End of Year Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If you ask really anyone on a college campus right now if they are stressed I would not be surprised if they immediately answered yes. Many of us right now are risking getting burnt out becoming exhausted with finals, projects, and essays due. Here are some of my tips to combat this stress and anxiety: 

Take a break/sleep 

This one sounds simple one but not so much when you feel like you have a lot of things to do. I find that if I can take at least 5 minutes to meditate or a 20 minute power nap I feel so much better afterwards. 

Spend time with friends

I love spending time with my friends. Especially when I’ve had a bad day and need some cheering up they always know how to get me laughing and smiling. No matter what we’re doing whether that be sitting in our dorm talking about our day or doing homework I always feel so much better.

Exercise 

Recently I have been trying to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. I find that if I can keep up with my physical health my mental health benefits majorly. Even if I just walk on the treadmill for that whole 30 minutes listening to a hype playlist or podcast my stress level decreases greatly.

Do something new

It can be scary especially if you’re already stressed about so many other things, but taking a risk is something I have recently learned can feel really good. Go somewhere new, sign up for a club, apply for a new job, all these things are risks that can ultimately feel good in the end.

Go on an adventure 

Going outside always helps bring up my mood. Since the weather is getting warmer here it feels so nice to be in nature. Whether that’s walking down to the beach, walking around campus, or walking in the woods. As long as you can get away from your studying, that’s all that matters.  

Plan 

It can seem daunting at first with so much on your plate, but personally when I put it all out on paper and organize what’s most important it’s way easier to manage. Every week I try to use my planner and put out what assignments I know are due and my work schedule so I can plan when I need to get things done and their importance. 

One major rule to make sure you don’t become burnt out is to not put too much on your plate and know yourself and what you can handle. Sometimes that’s hard to find out without trial and error but in the end you’ll know yourself so much better. All in all make sure you do whats best for you and makes you the most happy and healthy.

Hi! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Lexi! I'm a psychology major with a minor in creative art therapy! I am this years Senior Editor for HC Endicott and I could not be more excited! I am a huge reader (my articles show that lol) and lover of Harry Styles and all things music! Enjoy!