This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

How to Get Back into a Back to School Routine

This is just a nice way of saying how to get your shit together again. After a long summer of drinking, staying out late, and sleeping till noon it’s going to be hard to get yourself to sit down, do homework, and wake up for class in the morning. Obviously you’re going to have fun in college and drink or stay out late sometimes, but you also want to make sure you pass your classes. Here’s some tips on how to manage getting back into a routine…

Make checklists or routines for specific aspects of your day instead of a whole day

It will probably feel overwhelming to make a full routine from the second you wake up until the second you go to sleep because let’s be real your day isn’t always going to be exactly the same.

It might be helpful to make small routines such as a morning routine, night routine, study routine, exercise routine, etc.

For example .. study routine

1. Location: Where will you feel most comfortable and productive? Is there adequate space? Is the atmosphere good for your study habits?

2. Snacks: If you’re like me you can’t do anything if you’re hungry so figure out what kinds of snacks you want to bring along with you.

3. Structure: What do you want to accomplish in x time? How will you achieve this?

Another example .. night routine

1. Hygiene check: Get cozied up! Make sure you’ve showered, brushed your teeth, etc. so your lab partner can’t smell you in your 8AM and try a facemask to feel refreshed for bed.

2. Prepare for the morning: This is key to make sure you’re not rushing around in the morning and you can go to bed feeling ready and prepared for the next day. Set an alarm (or 7!) to make sure you’re up on time, pick out your outfit for the day and lay it out, and pack your bag with everything you know you’ll need.

3. Do something to relax you: It can be hard to wind down before bed but it’s nice to snuggle up with a good book or tv show and cup of tea to get you sleepy. I use an oil diffuser as well to get a nice lavender scent in the air before falling asleep.

Keep yourself happy and healthy with moderation

You know yourself better than anyone else so remember to have fun but also make time to do things that keep you at your best. For me two really important things are to be eating healthy / often and to workout. So I make sure I plan out times in my day to fulfill my needs. SELF CARE IS KEY! Load up on face masks or start journaling to get some peace and relaxation in your day.  When you have a healthy and happy body and mind you’re more likely to stay in a good routine.