Host the Best Bachelor Viewing Party with This Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If you’re anything like my roommates and I, you love food and each other’s company (and shamelessly watching the Bachelor to see what crazy thing Corrine does next).  Why not combine it all and have your own, lowkey, viewing night?  One of the best parts of the Bachelor is the fact that, on commercial breaks you all get to talk about how Corrine should definitely not have a nanny for herself at the age of 24, or how Alexis was totally wearing a shark costume, not a dolphin costume – although she certainly gets points for jumping into the pool in it.  I personally think chips and dip is the best universally enjoyed party food because you serve yourself so you only get what you want, everyone wins! Try this awesome buffalo chicken dip recipe for your next Bachelor night, or just anytime you and your roomies get together and want some good food.

Ingredients (yields one pie plate full)

• 2, 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup of ranch dressing
  • ¾ cup of red hot sauce
  • 1, 10 ounce can of chicken, drained (or equivalent rotisserie or freshly-cooked, chopped chicken)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese, you decide how much
  • Tostitos corn chips or any other chip your heart desires

Directions

• Beat cream cheese, ranch dressing and red hot sauce
  • Fold in the shredded chicken
  • Spread mixture into the pie plate sprayed with Pam (so you can get every last bit of dip)
  • Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes
  • Add the cheddar cheese to the top
  • Bake an additional 10-15 minutes
  • Serve with chips and enjoy

Next time you have a girl’s night in, enjoy some buff chick dip, maybe make some chocolate chip cookies (the gooey kind that melt in your mouth) and relax and enjoy the company of your friends.  Bond over the Bachelor and Nick’s abs, or watch an old classic movie from Netflix, like a rom-com that’ll make you laugh and cry.  I personally recommend The Notebook, Ryan Gosling looks great in that one, or any movie with Channing Tatum works just as well.

Julia is an Integrated Marketing Intern at Her Campus.  She is also a senior at Endicott College in Beverly, MA where she studies Marketing and Dance.  In her free time Julia loves to play with her dog, watch Law and Order: SVU, and hang out at the beach, which just so happens to be her backyard while at school!
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.