This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Springtime leading into summer is when we all loosing layers and realize that we may or may not have put on a few pounds during those cold winter months. Although we all need to learn to love who we are and the way our bodies are, it does also feel nice to be a little more leaned out on those hot days, wearing that cute little summer shirt that’s probably in the back of your closet. I know that college in winter took a little toll on me and I’m more than sure I’m not alone, so here are a few easy tips that you can add to your schedule to get a little healthier during the warmer weather.

Set A Food Goal:

Carbs and sugar. Those are my two biggest kryptonite’s, no matter how hard I try I find that I’m falling back to bread and anything that’s sweet. A goal that you can implement to try and kick this bad habit, is cut out bread from either breakfast, lunch or dinner and try and cut out sugar from one of those (maybe skip the ice cream). You can choose one or the other or both! Try it for a week to a month and see what happens, maybe it’ll be so easy you’ll want to do it again, or maybe try for another meal.

Water, Water, Water

I know, I know. Its ages old and everyone always says drink more water. But seriously, drink more water. It is 0 calories and your body needs it so why deprive it? At this point you’re probably saying yeah whatever drink more water blah, blah, blah. Well how about this? Drinking water helps you burn calories and the more you drink it’ll make that craving go down or make you eat less. I’m not a gym lover of any sort, so if something as easy as drinking more water can help me lose weight… I’m game. So now if you want to know how much to drink, it depends on your size and weight. Its recommended that for each pound you weigh you drink ½ oz. to 1 oz., so if you weigh150 lbs., that would be 75-150 oz. It seems like a lot but just go out and look for a larger sized water bottle that has the fluid oz label on the side and just keep filling her up!

Get more active.

Like I said I’m no gym buff and a lot of people aren’t, but that’s okay! Just find ways to get yourself active and moving other ways. This one to my fellow gulls, walk to the beach! It’s a good distance and the ending is way better than staring at the sweaty guy next to you in the gym. Another way is to head into town, or take the train into the city and walk around for the day. Even just walk to a game! Anything that’s outside and getting you active is better than lying in bed all day watching Netflix.

Eva Graef

Endicott

Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.