This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

If you know me, you probably know that I am a huge proponent of self-care. Though one’s practice may look drastically different from another’s, the one thing they all have in common is the emphasis on prioritizing yourself wholeheartedly: mind, body, and soul. Recently, especially among my peers, I’ve noticed this cloud of pressure to ‘out-busy’ one other, packing our days with a minute-to-minute schedule and feeding into this “grind doesn’t stop” mentality. However, let’s take a step back and remember that refueling and recharging is just as important as the hustle itself.

Self-care is defined as the practice of engaging in activities that reduce stress and enhance our well-being. That being said, self-care may look different for everyone. While some may feel revitalized after a good workout, others may prefer sitting down with a good read. In hopes of inspiring you to treat yourself today and every day, here are a few of my most coveted self-care practices.

Face masks for days.

Whether it’s in between study breaks or right before bed, putting on a face mask is always a good idea. I love a good multi-mask, so I use a gentle exfoliating face mask 2-3 times a week as well as an ultra-hydrating leave-on mask every night. Let’s just say that face masks are the highlight of my night.

Sweat it out.

I notice a drastic difference in my mental state pre and post workout. I feel uplifted, motivated, and revitalized after a sweat sesh and could not recommend including a daily dose of exercise into your everyday routine enough. Personally, SoulCycle tops my list for favorite workouts, providing me a safe space to truly let go and just ride. Tap it back.

Pour it up.

Making a cup of coffee and steeping my favorite tea are two things that I live by every morning and night. Half the time, the thought of coffee is what gets me out of bed and the thought of my favorite chamomile is what gets me ready to turn in for the night. Good vibes all around.

Podcasts.

There’s something so underrated about the comfort of listening to a good podcast. Some of my favorites include Gals on the Go, LadyGang, and Thick & Thin. I tend to gravitate towards the more entertaining and conversational genre, but the range of topics is truly limitless. From storytelling and news and politics to business and lifestyle, there’s definitely a podcast out there for you. The best part? You don’t have to necessarily stop everything you’re doing to listen to one. While working out, I love listening to a girl boss podcast for 30 minutes. While driving, I put on The Betchlor to catch up on the tea I missed from the latest Bachelor episode. Whatever you incline, I’m sure you’ll find a podcast that’s just what you need.

Some self-reflection.

One of my favorite ways to recharge is to spend some time alone with just me and my thoughts. Whether that’s journaling my thoughts or creating short-term goals, self-reflection has definitely heightened my self-awareness and given way to greater introspection, making me more mindful in all facets of my life.

A New York gal living it up in the South. Passionate about lifestyle, self-care, fashion, and food.
Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.