Three Things You Should Do in Atlanta Before Graduating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Atlanta is one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. There is so much to do that all of your weekends should be filled up. Here are some activities I feel are the best and most adventurous that you might not know about. If you haven’t tried these, as soon as you’re done reading my article, get up, call an Uber, get your friends, and have FUN!

1. Escape Room

You’ve probably heard of these before. I can honestly attest that the sixty minutes you pass in the room they send you to will be one of the best sixty minutes of your life. There are many escape rooms in Atlanta, but by far my favorite one is PARANOIA QUEST (downtown). Why? Because I’ve done countless escape rooms, both in Atlanta or my hometown of Miami, and I’ve never experienced one as realistic, amazing, and mysterious as Paranoia Quest. Plus, the staff is extremely friendly and charismatic. I recommend either Area 51 or the Zombie Apocalypse.

Photo courtesy of rush49.com.

2. Agatha’s A Taste of Mystery

This was by far one of the funniest experiences I’ve had in Atlanta. I went with some friends, and we watched a Murder Mystery show while eating dinner. The actors were superb, and the script was hilarious. The best part is that they include the audience in the show! So, go and laugh as your friends make absolute fools out of themselves.

Photo courtesy of cbsatlanta.com. 

3. Porsche Experience

This is for the thrill seekers and the adventurers — those who like to overstep the bounds and feel their hearts in their throats. You will get a personal instructor to teach you how to drive the car — and, by drive, I mean whizz down the racetrack, competing against time. Imagine going incredibly fast, hearing the sound of the engine as you press the accelerator, and the exhilaration as you break, swerve, and let go, riding down that track as if your butt were on fire. If this sounds like fun and you’re over 21, I suggest you go there right now.

Photo courtesy of porschedriving.com. 

There are many other activities you can do in Atlanta, but these were some of my personal favorites. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Her Campus at Emory University