Three Homemade Treatments That Will Work Wonders On Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I sometimes rue the day I decided I wanted to have long hair. If I didn’t like my hair so much, I would probably shave it just because of all the trouble it gives me. I swear, with all the hair I see around my apartment, I could make a wig. Unfortunately for me, with long hair comes a big responsibility: long hair is only beautiful as long as you take care of it. So, I will talk about three hair remedies that have worked wonders on my hair.

Source: http://styletips101.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/hair-mask.jpeg

For Frizzy Hair

If your hair is like mine—a mix between straight and curly because it just can’t decide—this treatment is quite nice. First, buy an avocado, and let it get nice and ripe. Afterwards, use half the avocado by mashing it up and mixing it with about two tablespoons of either sour cream or egg yolks (this is for hydration). Mix it well; then completely work it into your damp hair (make sure it’s clean), and let it sit for about 15 minutes. After waiting, you can rinse it off.

Plus: You have half of an avocado you can eat. (Foodie life)

Source: http://theeverygirl.com/sites/default/files/articles/inlineimages/the-ev…

For Dry Hair

Two words… COCONUT OIL. I have to confess coconut oil has become my life—that stuff works wonders. What I recommend is that you buy a big jar of coconut oil (the solid kind). For this treatment, you won’t need much, just about one tablespoon, depending on how long your hair is. Use the oil sparingly. It’s heavy, so if you use too much, your dry hair might become greasy, and we don’t want that. Grab a tablespoon, put it in a container, and microwave it until it’s liquid. Apply it on your damp hair, and leave it there for the night. In the morning, shower and rinse it out, and your hair will look AH-MAY-ZING. Trust me.

Plus: You can use the oil to cook! It is one of the healthiest cooking oils out there.

Source: http://www.preeclampsia.org/images/M_images/aspirin_2945793b.jpg

Restoring the Shine

I’m talking about natural, beautiful shine, not the greasy kind. This is one of the simplest treatments out there. In fact, you can do it right now; all you need is aspirin. Yes, you read that right, ASPIRIN. Grab one or two aspirins (NO MORE), and crush those babies up. By crush, I mean picture your ex’s face and pound that aspirin until it’s literally powder. Then you take that teensy bit of powder and mix it with a nice amount of your shampoo. Use while you shower, and voila, shiny hair!

Plus: You don’t have to go and buy it in the supermarket because you probably have some aspirin in your medicine cabinet. Am I right, or am I right?

Personally, these treatments worked best for me. So follow my tips RELIGIOUSLY, use these treatments every other week, and look FLAWLESS. Then, go outside and WHIP your hair back and forth a la Willow Smith.

Her Campus at Emory University