This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Thanks to popular celebs such as Zendaya and Cara Delevingne, eyebrows are in vogue. While it is a trend that many of us have embraced with open arms, it can take a lot to get your eyebrows looking on point. Many turn to waxing and tweezing, but my favorite method to get perfectly shaped eyebrows has been threading.

Because threading has a pretty long list of benefits, I’m a huge advocate of it. If you haven’t tried it, I suggest you check it out. Below I have outlined the pros to threading, a video that shows you how it’s done, and my favorite places to go in Atlanta!

Benefits:

1. No Breakouts

The chemicals used in waxing have a tendency to cause small pimples in the area that you wax. If you have had issues with breakouts post-wax, I suggest trying threading. It has completely removed that concern for me. Pro-tip: Avoid putting make-up or products on directly after any wax or threading, as that can also cause minor breakouts in the affected areas.

2. Redness Clears Quickly

The nice thing about threading is that, because the red areas usually clear up quickly, you often don’t have to conceal the red areas afterwards. Threading is essentially tweezing at a faster pace, so the skin doesn’t end up getting quite as irritated as it does when you wax it.

3. Cheaper

Last but not least, threading is generally cheaper than waxing and still produces amazing results. This is a huge benefit to those who are on a college budget.

Threading in Action:

Here is a quick video of what to expect when you get your eyebrows threaded! They outline some more benefits as well, as it is quick, precise, and a great option for sensitive skin.

There are three places that I frequently head to in Atlanta:

1. Natural Identity – Patel Plaza

2. Jazmin Spa – Emory Point

3. Hair Images Salon – Near Target on Woodcliff

These stores have all produced amazing results, so I recommend going to whichever one is closest to you.

Threading is definitely worth checking out, especially because some people report feeling no pain (although I am not one of them). Either way, it’s a great alternative if you want to skip the wax.

Student at Emory University
Her Campus at Emory University