This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

My favorite thing about fall isn’t the colors of the leaves changing, or the new autumn squash soup at Panera, or even the changing holiday cups at Starbucks; it’s the opportunity to finally bring out those comfy warm sweaters. Whether your sweater is adding onto your outfit or it’s the defining element, here are some style tips to keep you warm and cozy while still looking your best.

The oversized sweater: Probably my favorite. This sweater will keep you warm in any situation and can go with anything. Wear it with that cute summer dress that you still can’t let go of, or layer it up with your fall outfit to add extra warmth and dimension. Definitely a great investment to make considering all the different ways you can work with this sweater. Usually neutral or fall colors would be easiest and allow the most use! 

The holiday sweater: This isn’t the holiday sweater you wear to those themed Christmas parties. Think of it as a more festive decor to your wardrobe. There’s not much you need to add to this outfit since the holiday sweater adds the perfect amount of boldness and color. Be sure not to pick anything too extravagant; there’s a thin line between those tacky holiday card sweaters and the fashion-forward look you’re trying to achieve. But if you play it right, it’s the perfect look to prepare for the holiday seasons! 

The collared sweater: To add a little flare to any normal sweater, wear a collared shirt underneath. This layering will not only add warmth but chic-ness to your look. Whether it’s a preppy or hipster look you’re working these days, this neckline addition to your outfit is the perfect accessory. 

Stay warm, HCE readers!

Her Campus at Emory University