STATEment Necklaces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Going home for the holidays always fills me with nostalgia. Being a native Floridian, the colder Atlanta fall makes me miss the warmer weather during the winter months. Recently I was inspired by one of Her Campus Emory’s fashion writers, Nathalie Simon, and decided to show some love for my home state and wear a state necklace. Nathalie wears her California necklace almost everyday since it goes with practically anything!

These necklaces range from delicate charms to larger open pendants. You can even have a dot or heart engraved into the piece to mark your hometown! Some say the name of the state, while others are just simply the shape of the state. There’s even one that is for the bi-coastal fashionistas – it features two charms in the shape of California and an apple to represent “The Big Apple.”

Show some pride for your home state and rock one of these necklaces to feel like you have a piece of home with you wherever you are!

Her Campus at Emory University