SNL Season 43: The Best Skits So Far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

SNL is back with their 43rd season, and they’re coming out of the gate with some hilarious and off the wall new skits. With two episodes down, this season is off to a great start with hosts Ryan Gosling and Gal Gadot. I highly recommend watching both episodes if you’re not already caught up. I know this time of the school year is madness with essays and exams for midterms, so if you don’t have time for full episodes, consider taking a quick break from your work to watch some of the funniest skits so far.

First Date 

I don’t want to spoil anything with this one, but I will thank god that we’ve been blessed with Keenan on SNL for so long!  

Henrietta & the Fugitive

This skit is styled like an old timey gangster movie but with a twist: the love interest is a chicken. I have no idea what’s going on, and I’m cracking up (was that an egg pun?).

Weekend Update: Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Kate McKinnon makes an appearance on the Weekend Update with her recurring impression of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. As usual, she’s coming in hot with the GinsBURNS.

Papyrus

Ryan Gosling’s character is having a tough time coming to terms with the movie Avatar’s use of everyone’s favorite overused font.

Italian Restaurant

“NOT AT A TERREZANO’S!”

I can’t wait for next week to see what host Kumail Nanjiani and the cast have in store for us!

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com. 

Her Campus at Emory University