Sarah Stuckey, President of AHANA Dance!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Meet the president of AHANA Dance, senior Sarah Stuckey!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is AHANA?

Sarah Stuckey (SS): AHANA Dance is the African, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, and all other artists collective that features student choreography in a variety of genres. Our shows are held at the end of each semester featuring student choreographed pieces as well as performances by some of Emory’s best dance groups.

HCE: How did you get involved with AHANA?

SS: I auditioned to dance in AHANA in the fall of my freshman year and have been a part of it every semester since! I have been a member of AHANA as a dancer, a choreographer, and an Executive Board member, and I love that AHANA provides so many different opportunities for students to get involved.

HCE: What’s your favorite part about AHANA?

SS: My favorite part of AHANA is that it incorporates so many different styles of dance. We’ve had everything from hip hop to salsa to bhangra, and it has been so fun getting to experiences new genres.

HCE: When did you start dancing?

SS: I started dancing when I was just two years old, which mainly consisted of spinning around uncontrollably. I have trained in ballet, tap, jazz, and contemporary at studios in my hometown of New Orleans, and I’m happy to have continued my dance education at Emory.

HCE: When is the show?

SS: The AHANA Dance Show is this Thursday and Friday (April 16th and 17th) at 7pm in the Performing Arts Studio located at 1804 North Decatur Road. Tickets will be sold on campus from 11:30am-3pm Monday through Friday of this week in the DUC. They are $5 in advance and $7 at the door.

Link to the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1584444481800580/

Her Campus at Emory University