Rocking the Power of Knee-High Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Now that Atlanta weather is well below freezing, it is high time to bring out those fall boots that have been gathering dust in your closets. And no, I don’t mean the cute little booties you got on sale at H&M, I mean the tall, knee-high, it’s seriously cold boots. These bad boys should be your go-to this season, not because of their obvious warming functionality, but because they are any woman’s staple when the cold weather starts to bite. You can’t rock a pair of booties like you can rock some knee-highs. Don’t own a pair? Well, your shins will be missing out on some warm snuggling this season. Have a pair? Here’s how to style them: 

Skirt & tights: now this isn’t every girl’s favorite combination. If you go too overboard you could be looking like a grungy Adam’s family reject. The trick here is to make sure your boots aren’t too clunky and your skirt isn’t too school-girly.  Don’t be afraid to go with an asymmetrical skirt either (those are so in this year). Bottom line: it will keep you warm all day and you can wear it many different ways pairing sweaters, blazers, coats, or jackets. Another fab thing? Not many can pull it off so if you can, you’ll be queen of the cold. 

Pants & coat: I know what you’re thinking, how does someone wear knee-high boots and pants? Answer: wear REALLY tight pants. Also, see below a la Kate Moss. The best thing about this look is that you can make it really edgy by adding a fur coat/vest to go with it. The boots are so high that you won’t have to worry about drowning them out. And you’ll look super chic. Be careful not to wear too much leather though, we don’t want you to look like Catwoman (save it for Halloween!). Balance the look with some grounding colors like grays or whites and after class, pair it with a clutch and you’ll be ready to head out for the evening!

Her Campus at Emory University