Rain or Shine, It’s Finals Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Finals suck. 

This fact holds true, rain or shine. And unfortunately for all of us, the week so far has been riddled with inopportune and annoying precipitation. But on the bright side, it’s not snowing right? Yeah I know, still sucks. 

Whether you’re trudging from the freshman dorms or parking at Peavine, there’s no way you are getting across this sloshy campus in your sneaks. Ladies, it’s time to break out those rain boots. As the guy/girl from the YouTube sensation “Sh*t Sorority Girls Say” so accurately preaches: 

And if you asked Jen Grant, that’s probably what she would say too. As it poured and became dark by mid-afternoon, I happened to find her working away in the stacks. She greeted me happily, telling me that she was more than pleased to pull out her rainboots today and rock her casual finals attire. 

“These are the brown ones,” she smiled and told me, “but I also have a REALLY awesome grey pair at home.”

Not only were they adorable, but they were also lined on the inside! Nothing is more miserable than cold toes, so finding a pair with fleece on the inside or a pair of fuzzy, warm socks is definitely a plus.

Now, we may not all be this excited about our rainboots. If you’re like me and hate your current rainboots, maybe it’s time to go grab a new pair.

You could look for a bright, colorful pair. 

Or if you’re like me and want to stick with staple, neutral colors, you can find those too. 

Whichever style you prefer, rainboots are easy to slip on and off–and even though they may not be your favorite riding boots, you will be so glad when your socks aren’t soaked as you slowly lose your mind living on the 8th floor of the library for days on end. And, if you want to stay comfortable but feel like you put a little effort into that outfit, follow Jen Grant and layer a casual sweater over a comfortable flannel. 

Happy studying! May the odds be ever in your favor. 

Her Campus at Emory University