The Oscars Top Ten List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

After a long weekend of mardi-ing it’s finally the night we’ve been waiting all awards season for… the Oscars. Without further ado here’s my top ten best dressed.

Jennifer Lawrence

Surprise, surprise J-Law killed it in Dior Haute Couture. Although this look is somewhat of a double take from last year – Dior, strapless gown, backwards necklace, and pompadour, this red peplum column dress looked incredible on Jennifer. Had to be my number 1.

Angelina Jolie

The timeless beauty stunned in what looks like the most delicately beaded Elie Saab dress to ever exist. Welcome back to the red carpet Angie. So happy to have you back.

Lupita Nyong’o

The queen of color radiated a Cinderella vibe in this periwinkle, chiffon Prada confection. The diamond headband perched atop her perfect head was the ultimate compliment to her princess look.

Anne Hathaway

Annie looked so regal in this Gucci ensemble. I don’t think anyone else could have pulled off the disco ball paillettes quite like her.

Cate Blanchett

The Blue Jasmine star looked gorgeous in this Giorgio Armani gown. I love the barely visible chiffon covering her décolletage and shoulders. Stunning.

Charlize Theron

Charlize stood out in a sea of delicate gowns in this structural Dior dress. The blindingly large diamond necklace didn’t hurt either.

Kate Hudson

Goldie’s daughter looked fierce in this Atelier Versace number complete with cape and draped, open back.

Naomi Watts

The styling of Naomi’s Calvin Klein white gown makes this look a best-dressed contender. Without the Bulgari choker and red lips Ms. Watts would have underwhelmed.

Jessica Biel

In what appears to have been a trend this Oscar season, Justin’s wife looked beautiful in an intricate gown and choker. Jessica chose Chanel and Tiffany & Co. respectively.

Emma Watson

A presenter for the evening, Ms. Granger Watson stunned in this Vera Wang dress. I love the subtlety of the silver lamé. 

For more fabulous awards outfits, check out my other Top Tens

Her Campus at Emory University