This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Name: Mehvish Khan

Year: Senior

Major: Economics and International Studies

Hometown: Lakewood, NY

Extracurricular Activities: Emory Wind Ensemble, Model United Nations, Greek Life

Describe yourself in 5 words: Independent, Outgoing, Driven, Loyal, Adventurous

What made you want to get involved with Emory Panhellenic Council (EPC)?

I wanted to get involved with Emory Panhellenic Council (EPC) to give back to the Greek community.  Greek life has given me so much.  It is where I met some of my best friends, learned about myself as an individual and as a leader, and grew into the woman I am today.  My sorority experience has empowered me as a young woman and given me the tools necessary to succeed in my personal life and professional life.  I would not be who I am nor where I am without my Greek experience.

What does your role as VP of Recruitment entail? What do you enjoy? What has been challenging?

As VP of Recruitment, I am responsible for facilitating sorority recruitment on Emory’s campus.  This includes everything from planning Novemberfest and Formal Recruitment to hosting events such as the All Sorority Informational.  It is my job to ensure that potential new members (PNMs) are educated about the recruitment process and know what resources are available to them, such as their recruitment counselors, Pi Chis, and the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life (OSFL).  I enjoy working with the Panhellenic community to improve the recruitment experience for PNMs and sorority women.  It is so wonderful to be able to work with women from all different chapters and learn from them.  At times, the job can be challenging.  Recruitment is something that everyone is very passionate about.  But it is always very rewarding to collaborate with fellow Panhellenic women and see the good that comes out of that process.  

What is you goal/hope for EPC and the Greek community within the next couple of years?

Within the next couple of years, it is my hope that the Greek community at Emory will continue to grow.  As a community, we have made so many positive changes over the past few years and I am certain the trend will continue.  The men and women I have met in the Greek community are some of the most passionate, intelligent, and capable young people.  It is my hope that individuals will continue to bring their passion and drive to create a vibrant and positive Greek experience.

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.
Her Campus at Emory University