This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Do you admire the effortlessly chic look of multiple necklaces layered together but you aren’t how to pull off this style? Don’t fret, this article will provide you with the tricks of the trade in achieving this sought after style.

First, start with the longest/thinnest necklaces and drape them on. You want the necklaces to be sparser as they get longer so that the attention is pulled upwards toward your face. You can also attain a subtler look with layering on just a couple of thinner, more delicate necklaces instead of achieving a full on layering statement piece. 

Next, layer on the chunkier necklaces, making sure they are getting shorter as you move closer to your neck. Try to make sure they all lay flat so they don’t all get tangled! For the finishing touch, you can throw on a mixed media piece, such as a necklace with pearls and a ribbon, to contrast with the rest of the chains. 

Layered necklaces look great with almost any top. Utilize these tips to spice up even your most simple basic tops and outfits. Feel free to play around and layer mixed metals, textures, or even colors. This is a look to really personalize and add your own flair to!

Her Campus at Emory University