emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jingle Your Way Into The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, when the leaves turn to auburn as they slowly trickle to the ground and the cool brisk air turns to darkness as the sun sets at an earlier hour. Iced coffee becomes hot chocolate and the sweet sound of summer country music becomes winter jingles. A time to reflect on the past and to dream about tomorrow, the holidays represent a new beginning, where family and friends come together to give thanks and to of course, give gifts. While this is the most festive time of the year, it can also be the most stressful.

Shopping for the holidays is the next Olympic sport: You train and train to build up your stamina in order to win the race to all of the best deals. Fashionista’s, this should be fun. Who doesn’t want to spend their days finding haute-couture looks for less? Well, if this doesn’t sound like your ideal Saturday afternoon, you’ve come to the right spot – a one-stop-shop gift giving guide for both men and women.

We all browse the internet for the newest gifts of the season; however, with lists of ten to fifteen items spanning all different prices and styles, this can sometimes be very daunting. Smart shoppers tip: Save your money and instead of looking to buy high-end trends, redirect your wallet to more reasonably priced fashion staples that will last forever. Just continue reading and be sure to thank me in the comments below!

1. VOLUSPA Candle Set; $50.

Via Voluspa

It is the holidays, so ‘tis the season for beautifully chic and homey candles. A pioneer in using coconut wax blend and 100% natural wicks, VOLUSPA represents affordable luxury.

2. Juicy Couture Velour Jogger Pants; $88.

Via Bloomingdales

Juicy Couture has made its way back to the top of the fashion charts. Stay comfortable yet fashionable in these velour jogger pants. With a band at the ankle, turn this look into “loungeable” streetwear.

3. CATBIRD Alphabet Earrings; 48.

Via Net-a-Porter

Make a statement; Mix and match your earrings with these 14-karat gold alphabet studs. Take this look to the next level and wear your initials on each ear.

4. SID MASHBURN Scarf; $100.

Via Sid Mashburn

Put a man in a scarf and talk sophistication. SID MASHBURN takes men’s fashion to a whole new level of iconic classiness. With products priced from $45 to over $1,000, this brand welcomes all types of customers while still maintaining its image of luxe.

5. EVERLANE Backpack; $80.

Via Everlane

Whether you’re traveling on vacation or commuting to work, this fashion backpack will carry a man from sweats, to jeans, to a suit. The subtlety of the leather detail adds a quiet elegance to this look. Everlane’s ethical sourcing makes sporting its products a sustainable, fashionable bonus. 

6. Wacaco Mini Espresso Maker; $59.99

Via BestProducts

For the coffee loving man that’s always on the go, this mini espresso maker could not be more perfect. Compatible with Nespresso pods, Wacaco has revolutionized what it means to take your kitchen coffee machine with you when you leave your home.

This holiday season, surround yourself with the people who matter most. Turn to the person next to you, yes, even if it is a stranger, and hug them. Try to think of the good in a world that is encompassed by so much bad. Escape for a few hours with your holiday shopping, which is a time to explore what’s new in the world of fashion and technology. With the multitude of products and people the stores may have, this short gift guide pictures luxury items at affordable prices. Search deeper into each brand to discover what else they have to offer. Don’t stop here; this is just the beginning!

Her Campus at Emory University