This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Name: Izzy Mongeau 

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single 

Extracurricular Activities: Alloy Literary Magazine & currently working on a novel

Greek Affiliation: Kappa Alpha Theta 

Tameka: Why did you decide to go through recruitment?

Izzy: I decided to go through recruitment because I wanted to get more involved on campus and Greek life is a great way to meet more people and attend more events! 

T: When did you know that Theta was the right sorority for you?

I: After I left the Theta lodge during recruitment, I felt happier and more at home with each round. I found myself easily laughing and connecting with the girls I met there. I just knew it was where I was supposed to be.

T: What are you most excited for?

I: I’m most excited to meet other girls within my own sorority and in other Greek organizations. It will be so cool just to get to know so many new people on campus!

T: What advice do you have for girls who are interested in going through recruitment next year?

I: Don’t be afraid to show your personality and have a good time with the girls that you are meeting – that way you can have more interesting and organic conversations that you and sisters can genuinely enjoy!

–

Her Campus at Emory University