Huyen Nguyen ’16, Featured on BET’s The Game!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I remember sitting in the hotel flipping through channels and stopping on BET’s The Game because I saw a familiar face: college sophomore Huyen Nguyen. I knew she was interested in modeling, and now here she was being featured on a popular TV show! You may have noticed this pre-business and philosophy major in the spring 2013 edition Emory Bubble Fashion magazine looking absolutely stunning. When she’s not modeling or showing up on your TV screen, Huyen enjoys working out (her boyfriend holds a class in the WoodPec on Tuesdays and Fridays!) and knitting. Read up on this awesome gem that Emory is lucky to have!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you get involved with BET’s The Game?

Huyen Nguyen (HN): I was a fan of the show during its earlier seasons and had been really excited to see that they were casting for season 6. I hadn’t worked for such a large production before, but I went ahead and submitted my photos to the casting company, and received a call to come into work a few days later! 

HCE: How was it like working with such talented actors?

HN: The actors on The Game were actually really down-to-earth. I was lucky enough to be assigned a role where I had to be really close to the main characters, and they conversed and joked around with the smaller characters as if we were part of the regular cast. Some even exchanged numbers and kept in touch.  

HCE: Are you involved in anything acting-related at Emory?

HN: Nope! The closest thing to being involved with acting at Emory is my internship with Ideas United/ Campus MovieFest, which originated at Emory. 

HCE: Do you see yourself pursuing acting in the future?

HN: I would do it as a hobby if I end up having some spare time during the summer, but I have yet to develop enough of a passion for acting to actively pursue it. For now it’s just for fun.

HCE: I noticed you were a model in the Emory Bubble Fashion Magazine–are you interested in modeling?

HN: This is actually more where my passion is. I competed in an online modeling competition called Project Zoolander, and would love to be signed to an agency. I’m getting pretty old by industry standards though, but I still love, love, love doing freelance work.

Her Campus at Emory University