This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The end of the year always arrives faster than any of us imagine. From finals to finalizing your summer plans, there is a lot to juggle this time of year! So, needless to say, it can be really easy to get overwhelmed and forget what must get done before peacing out. Here are some different things to think about before you escape into sweet summer bliss. 

Finals Prep 

Planning ahead may seem overwhelming, but it will help you when the dreaded finals week comes around. Form study groups with your classmates or friends to help you test the material on the exams. Make a quick trip to Publix or even the Cox Convenience Corner to stock up on smart, healthy snacks that will fuel your brain for those late night study sessions. Finally, gather your notes together and head over to your favorite study spot on campus to kick off the last week of torturous exams before a much-needed break! Need help finding a study spot? Check out the recent HCE article on underrated study spots on campus! And if you need a little study break, check out Her Campus Emory–we will have tons more great articles for you during finals to help you make it through!!

Finalizing Summer Plans

These next few weeks are extremely important for finalizing your plans this summer. Whether you are taking classes, traveling, or working a job/internship, figuring these things out is the first step. If you’re having trouble deciding what you should be doing now to ensure you’re staying on track for your longterm plans, speak to an advisor or someone at the Career Center for advice. I know many of us don’t like to hear this, but parents are also a great option for useful advice. They have most likely gone through the same obstacles that you are facing right now, so who better to ask for help? Check out this recent HCE article about all things internship! 

Exploring Atlanta 

At this point, many of us must say goodbye to our beloved city of Atlanta for the next three months. If you haven’t already, spend a day being a tourist in your own city. This may seem like a waste of time away from studying, but it is a great way to relax and take a break when those math problems aren’t solving themselves. Go to Her Campus Emory’s events calendar to discover cool things going on this month, and check out this website for some more great ideas! 

Exercise/Beauty 

You’re probably reading this to yourself and wondering where I’m going with this because no way will you make time to look good or run to the gym during finals week, let alone any other week. However, we all know that phrase “dress for success.”  Feeling good about yourself and your appearance will help you gain self-confidence before taking a bunch of killer exams. Exercising is also an amazing stress reducer! Go to the gym and run out your frustrations, while taking comfort in knowing that you are simultaneously helping yourself achieve the beach bod we all strive for. A tip I have is to follow different fitness accounts on Instagram to help you feel motivated–when you look at muscular pictures of women and realize you need to do less stalking and more walking. In a gym routine slump? Check out this article to discover new ways to rev up your workout!

Storage/Packing

I am the biggest procrastinator known to man, but there is one thing even I do way ahead of time, and that is pack up my stuff for the summer. I recommend packing in small chunks so you’re not left with everything right before you leave. I suggest starting with storing/shipping/packing your winter clothes (even though you may want to leave out a few warmer jackets and pants for the typical bipolar Atlanta weather. If you pack up a little bit everyday, then after a week or two of light packing you shall notice that you barely have anything left! It’s wonderful and timesaving! Use Dorm Room Movers with the code “down” for a 20% off discount. 

Her Campus at Emory University