How to Keep Warm in the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Now that we’re officially experiencing winter weather, you may have noticed that the cute little hoodie you wore all throughout fall just isn’t cutting it anymore. It’s time to face it: you need a winter coat. Don’t worry though, this doesn’t mean that you have to buy a huge puffer jacket that makes you look like a snowball until March! Contrary to popular opinion, winter coats can both cute and practical. Here are some great options that’ll keep you toasty and stylish until spring.

This gorgeous pink double-breasted trench coat is basically the epitome of fashion. It also serves as definitive proof that you don’t have to sacrifice style to stay warm this winter! Wear it, and you’re basically a fashionable Sherlock—what more could you want?

If you prefer a more relaxed style, this bomber jacket is perfect for you. Pair it with jeans and leather boots for a casual, sophisticated look.

Don’t assume that puffer coats can’t be cute! Our favorite cold-weather jacket can be adorable—just look at this cozy, comfy fur-lined one!

Last but definitely not least, the traditional pea coat has always been a staple in winter style. Utilitarian, and striking, this coat is a perfectly sophisticated way to stay warm in the chilly weather.

So with that, stay warm and make sure you have a cute winter coat like one of these to bring back to campus in January!

Her Campus at Emory University