This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

There really is nothing like a good hair day. It can change your whole mood and make you feel like a million bucks. But not all of us can be the girl whose hair dries perfectly on its own. Most of us aren’t that lucky. Fortunately, with a little effort, we can achieve the ~flawless~ hair that we desire. It’s as simple as a blowout, and it makes all the difference. It’s as easy as this:

1.     When you get out of the shower, wait for your hair to partially dry. This way the actual blow-drying won’t take as long.

2.     Clip the front top section of your hair up with a butterfly clip. This is the section you want to do last and is the most important part.

3.     Using a flat hairbrush, blow dry the underneath parts that aren’t in the clip. Make sure your hairdryer has a nozzle on it so the heat is more directed on your hair, making for a neater blowout. I personally like the underneath part straighter and the top layer fuller. If you want some bounce on the underneath layer, use a round brush and curl it up when blow-drying the ends. 

4.     When the bottom layer is done, take down your clip and move on to the top section. Flip the top section over so the hair is covering your face. Take your round brush and curl upwards away from your face. Blowing your hair away from your face will help avoid making it look flat.

5.     Once all the front pieces are dry and blown back, use your hands to make the part that you want.

6.     Finish off by blow-drying any pieces that you aren’t happy with. To make the pieces stay better, use a little hairspray or serum to smooth it out.

Voila!

Her Campus at Emory University