This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The temperatures are dropping and finals are around the corner…but that doesn’t mean that your wardrobe has to look as tired and chilly as you do. Just because we are nearing the winter chill doesn’t mean that you have to forgo sporting your favorite brights for drab neutrals and tired shades. 

When worn with other neutral pieces, a pop of color in the wintertime is absolutely appropriate. Whether you’re walking to class and choose to adorn yourself with a comfy bright scarf to spiff up your dark peacoat and jeans, or you want to sport a flashy sweater as you head to the airport for Thanksgiving break like Emory junior Karina Rodriguez, nothing says that you’re laughing in the face of cold misery like breaking out your favorite bright colors. 

Pink is obviously a go to for any girly girl. Achieve that comfy casual look by pairing an oversized pink sweater with jeans or leggings. And as shown by Nicole Richie–frat tuck is allowable if you’re that fabulous.

But, maybe you’re not super girly! Try a bright cobalt blue or go a little darker and try a deep, rich forest green. Don’t be discouraged by the dropping temperatures!

Her Campus at Emory University