A Her Campus Wish List: Emory Village

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Have you ever strolled down to Emory Village and realized that you cannot eat another bowl of noodles from Doc Chey’s and ounce of Yogli Mogli without vomming?  Strolled through the aisles of CVS Pharmacy only to realize the sugared cereals and sketchy hardboiled eggs in a plastic container aren’t exactly what you are craving?  Or how about had a nail chip right before your big interview and did not have time to travel down to Lavista Nails to have a fresh manicure?

So, while I sit here and wonder why on earth there is a sketchy, non-functioning gas station next to a giant fountain, I also find myself wondering why the developers of Emory Village found it necessary to put a sub-par Asian noodle joint across from another Asian noodle joint.  All-in-all the Village is, well, rather lacking, to say the least.  Here is a list of must haves that the people behind Emory Village should probably read—because we, as the consumers, are really starting to question the poor and frankly random decisions placed within our domain.

1.     An Organic Market

I am not referring to something as big as Whole Foods but it would be nice to have a small market with healthy basics.  An assortment of fruits, vegetables, meats, and deli options would be amazing.  If we are getting specific a sushi counter, spice rack, and cheese counter would be nice—but lets not go crazy.  We just need something more than the preservative filled boxes and chocolates at CVS.

2.     A Nail Salon

I am not suggesting this.  I am commanding this.  If the developers have any sense (which they apparently don’t), they would realize a nail salon would flourish.  The line would be out the door on a daily basis and probably be by appointment only come formal season. 

3.     Yeah! Burger

It would be nice for those without a car to have access to more than just Panera, pasta, pizza, and another variety of pasta in the form of the Asian noodle.  A burger place would be the Botox in the Emory Village face-lift, if you will.  We all need some real protein once in a while, ya dig?

4.     Chopped

Girls at Emory seem to have an obsession with counting calories, working out, and eating leaves as dinner.  So why the village hasn’t added a custom salad restaurant is beyond me.  Chopped has a million different options that allows your to customize salads in a billion different ways.  Healthy and creative options for all to indulge.

5.     King of Pops

It makes me sad that I have to wait for the wondrous flavors mixed into an icy concoction on Farmers Market Tuesdays and Wonderful Wednesdays.  I mean I could get in my car and drive to Whole Foods, but who actually wants to do that?  I would love the option to stroll on down to the village and grab a popsicle on a hot Atlanta day.  Summer is just sexier with a pair of daisy dukes and a melting stick of flavored ice in hand.

6.     Fine Dining

It may be too much to ask but a restaurant with tablecloths would be a huge bonus.  Just once in a while it is nice to feel like we have escaped the cheap life of being a college student by eating at a fine dining establishment.  Hot dinner rolls, waiters uniforms, the option for unnecessary bottled water instead of tap would just be an added luxary.

Her Campus at Emory University