Halloween Diet Starting Early: 5 hot spots in Atlanta to get your workout on

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Five weeks. That’s how long you have until Halloween, the night every girl of our generation knows is the one night you can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it (Cady Heron truly sums it up perfectly). Ready to dress like Minnie Mouse, American Apparel style? Or better yet, channel Miley Cyrus a la VMAs post-bear-outfit? Time to amp up your workout, ladies–here are five Her Campus-approved places in Atlanta you can go for exciting workouts that with regular attendence will guarenteed leave you with a celeb-status bod before the end of October.

9Round Fitness: Kickboxing Classes

The workout offers traditional boxing and fitness programs for only $49 a month. The programs are developed around a system of 9 challenging circuit-training stations. It’s a quick and not so easy 30-minute workout that works every muscle in your body, no machines or aerobic routines necessary. Click here to learn more about the 9Round in Decatur!

“It’s a very different kind of workout and the staff there are SO helpful. It’s great cardio and strength training. Plus you feel pretty legit in those boxing gloves.”-Rachel Goldstein (’15)

Pure Barre Atlanta

This hour-long workout is a total body workout, inspired by ballet barre method, but no dancing skills are required! Founded by a dancer, choreographer and fitness guru, this workout helps tone thighs, abs and arms using small, isometric movements. Pure Barre is fast and effective with strength-training workouts followed by stretching to create lean muscle. To sign up for Pure Barre classes in Buckhead, click here.

“I love Pure Barre workouts because every class is unique, it targets muscles you never knew you had, and you can always count on leaving class feeling the good type of sore and happy you got a great workout in.”-Emily Gosman (‘14)

Flywheel Sports Buckhead

Flywheel is an indoor cycling “ride,” that includes climbs and descents, along with weighted-bar arm workouts. Music playlists are choreographed to each class to get you pumped for every ride Challenges your body with a non-stop, high-energy cardio workout. To find out more about Flywheel Sports Buckhead, click here.

“The workout is definitely one of a kind, it’s one of those things where you are constantly pushing yourself because you can actually see your numbers and compare them from the class before or to other people taking the same class. No matter what, you’re getting a workout every single time because no two classes are ever the same, and each instructor has their own style. It’s also nice to be able to watch yourself improve and beat whatever number you got the previous class.”-Sam Rudorfer (’15)…and Flywheel employee!

Red Hot Yoga

No reservations are necessary here–in fact, reservations aren’t even an option; classes are first come first serve, which is great for those who can’t commit to signing up and paying early online. There are great Groupon deals and packages available so everyone is trying this extra long and extra hot yoga class. With an option for hot yoga or power yoga, you can choose your desires experience to get the ultimate sweat on. To find out more about Red Hot Yoga, click here.

“I’d never really done yoga before when I went, so the heat definitely helped get a deeper stretch but even then I wasn’t flexible enough to do most of the poses. Then 30 minutes in, our instructor announced that that was our warm up and I was already dying in a pool of my own sweat.”-Leah Jacobs (’15)

CrossFit Decatur

This is a competitive and timed workout, focusing on strength training, cardio and body weight exercises. CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program based on functional movements for any type of person. Every day the workout changes, so you won’t get bored of the same old routine. The program focuses on lifestyle change and is committed to “helping you become the fittest you’ve ever bee.” For more info about CrossFit Decatur, click here.

“…I have always been an active person and have been looking for something new that is fast paced and makes me feel great about myself after a workout. CrossFit does exactly that. I think I walk out of that building with a smile on my face every time…”-Ellen Shapiro (’15)

These workouts will most definitely not be an easy treat, but they will DEFINITELY do the trick. Get ready for Halloween!

I am a Journalism and Film Co-Major hoping to write my way through life.
Her Campus at Emory University