Four Places That Will Satisfy Your Inner Foodie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I don’t know about you, but food takes up a large part of my life. Personally, I believe that FOOD=LIFE. So, I made it my mission as soon as I came to Atlanta to find some of the best places to eat. After some fails (of truly inedible food), I found some places that showed my taste buds what heaven truly is.

For Breakfast/Brunch:

According to everyone, at least every healthy person, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Honestly speaking, breakfast is not my favorite type of cuisine. But a nice, filling breakfast will always do the heart some good (figuratively speaking, because if it’s unhealthy, beware of heart attacks). Brunch-wise I have two restaurants to recommend.

Highland Bakery in Atlanta

There is one in Goizueta and one in Midtown. I recommend the one on campus given that’s the one I visited. Their potatoes were amazing, and their eggs benedict was to die for.

South City Kitchen

Two words: Chicken and Waffles. As a Latina, I did not understand what the hype was about mixing these two. I mean, chicken is salty, and waffles are supposed to be sweet. Mixing the two for some reason just seemed gross. BUT, South City Kitchen will turn even the most stubborn individual because you can’t diss it till you try it. And when I did…well to safely put it…I went bananas.

For Italian:

No list is complete without an Italian restaurant. For real, though, who doesn’t appreciate a nice homemade Italian plate? NO ONE, that’s who. I’m half-Italian and half-Venezuelan, so I’m extremely picky with Italian restaurants. Once you try Nonna’s food, there’s no going back.

No. 246

Yep, you read that right. The name of the restaurant is a number, No. 246, and let me tell you, that is my favorite number. After eating here, it’ll probably become your favorite number as well. I came here for a girls’ night and consequently fell in love, not just with the food but also with the atmosphere and the restaurant itself.

For Venezuelan:

I have to rep my country. So of course, I’ll name a Venezuelan restaurant. I continuously find myself surprised that so many Venezuelan restaurants exist. I mean there is more Venezuelan food in the states than in Venezuela itself.

Arepa Mia

They mostly serve arepas, but there are other dishes as well. Arepas, for those who don’t know, are small cakes made with corn flour (therefore 100% gluten free). They have all kinds of different variations on their menu, so you could go there every day and still eat a different type of arepa.

Hopefully one of these restaurants caught your attention, and if so, I recommend you go. Some of them require reservations since they are extremely busy, so remember to check that out before going.

Her Campus at Emory University