This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

February is one of those awkward months in Atlanta when the weather just can’t make up its mind and causes problems for all fashionistas.  What do you wear on a day that starts off warm but rainy, and then becomes cold yet sunny in the afternoon?  It is hard to pick out a proper outfit with all of the confused weather forecasts.  So I ask again, what does one wear in a month that is not quite winter but not truly spring?  

Although I haven’t fully solved this age-old question, I have come to one helpful piece of clothing: fun and patterned sweaters.  Wearing such a sweater means that no matter what the weather is like, you are ready.  Did it just become cold?  No worries, you’re warm in your sweater.  Is it hot outside?  Just roll up your sleeves and you’re on your way to class!  No need to stress about jackets or t-shirts.  It also means that spring patterns on heavy textures, like this daisy sweater or the Smack! one, can be paired with dark jeans and flats or light skirts and boots to make you comfortably and unconfusedly (new word) chic.  What’s even better is that you can buy these awesome sweaters at the new American Threads store in Emory Point!  Visit the new boutique for cute items to spice up your wardrobe.

Her Campus at Emory University