Finishing Touches: Lips + Mani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Everyone loves a good mani; it’s a weekly essential. And most of us can’t leave for class without our favorite lipstick. Complementary lip + mani combinations add so much extra depth and excitement to your outfit. Try out some of these gorgeous lipstick and nail polish color combinations with your fall outfits!

PURPLE + TEAL: Revlon’s ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical offers the perfect amount of high shine to contrast with the pearly sheen of Essie’s trophy wife in a deep teal.

NUDE + BROWN: Nude is a lipstick color that looks amazing on every skin tone, and Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine is a hydrating sheer lip shine that you’re sure to love. This lipstick in Intime along with Laura Mercier’s Nail Lacquer in Coco Suede is the perfect neutral hued lip + mani combo. 

BERRY + SILVER: Berry sangria-y lips are a great pop of color that add instant wow factor to any outfit. Pair Marc Jacobs’ Kiss Pop Color Stick in Headliner with Essie’s No Place Like Chrome in a silver metallic. 

PEACH + LIGHT BLUE: Nars’ Audacious Lipstick in Julie is the prettiest peachy nude/pink. Try this creamy color with Deborah Lippman’s Blue Orchid nail lacquer; it’s the perfect shade of hazy blue.

Her Campus at Emory University